St Werburghs Church in Wembury near Plymouth is a traditional Anglican building with the best view from a churchyard we have ever seen.
The church had an extremely aged sound system that had failed and a fast approaching visit from the Bishop to install the new incumbent.
The requirement was to get a new system in and running that both covered the current needs of the church, and would be capable of growing with the congregation as the vision for more contemporary worship was worked out.
APi designed and installed a system that is similar to the existing system but with enhanced functionality and is also capable of forming the basis of a comprehensive system supporting speech, recorded music and small music groups.
- A 16 channel digital mixer with simple custom iPad control. The mixer has the capability to take 2 USB sticks one for playback of music files and another for recording if required.
- Slim line array loudspeakers replacing the larger wooden cabinet type.
- System set up so that it can either be set and forget or be operated live.
- Plenty of spare channels for future expansion.
- Rechargeable radio microphones.
The result was the new system was installed just 45 days after the initial site meeting (most of this was waiting for a Diocese admin box to be ticked). Our engineers worked on all the settings and equalisation, so that the system sounds good as soon as it is switched on.
The customer said “I would like to thank you all for the splendid service you have given our church in putting in this sound system in such a short time. Can I give a special thanks to Joe, who went over and above his remit yesterday. He helped us with the system all through a funeral service.”
To discuss how APi Sound and Visual could assist your church with a sound system, please call us on 01392 677668 or contact us online.